Teaching Assistant Vacancy
19hrs per week NJC Grade C, £8.44ph
Meal time Assistant 2 hours per week Monday and Tuesday
Permanent Post to commence Monday 4th of June
Stoke Gabriel Primary School, part of the Link Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work 19hrs per week over 5 days and 2hrs per week as an MTA Mondays and Tuesdays.
Required from 4th of June 2018 to join our successful and caring team. This post is to work across our school in Key Stage one and two and involves providing general support for the learning of the class under the direction of the teacher, as well as supporting phonics, delivering interventions and working with individual children who need extra support with their Maths and English. We are looking for someone with a consistent, sensitive and caring approach to children’s needs, who can be flexible and is able to communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
– Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
– Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
– Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
– Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
– Be able to use your own initiative when required;
– Have experience in a similar role in a school;
– Experience of delivering the Thrive Programme or other similar emotional wellbeing support programmes
You should have a good knowledge of phonics plus literacy and numeracy to GCSE A-C or equivalent. You would need to be flexible, as you will also be required to undertake the role of part time Meal Time Assistant.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see the link below to download an application form. Completed forms should be returned to the school for the attention of the Head of School, Mr Matthew Medd to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01803 782469 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: 11th May 2018 12noon
Interview date: 22nd May